Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have via. the computer activated the automatic doorlock so the doors lock when I start driving. But only the front doors activate the total un-lock procedure. The back doors will have to wait until I press the un-lock button or someone in the front opens the door ...

Any way to make the back doors unlock automaticly ?

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
If you have an owners manual, the information "should" be in it somewhere. Other than that, I don't have a clue as to what to tell you.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have via. the computer activated the automatic doorlock so the doors lock when I start driving. But only the front doors activate the total un-lock procedure. The back doors will have to wait until I press the un-lock button or someone in the front opens the door ...

No. The rear doors will not activate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi! I just started having the same problem. Its used to lock all the doors after taking off, but now it is not doing it. I have to lock the doors manually. Do you know the fixing please?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try looking here:

·
Super Moderator
12,164 Posts
Automatic Door Locks — If Equipped
The doors will lock automatically on vehicles with power
door locks if all of the following conditions are met:
1. The Auto Lock feature is enabled.
2. The transmission is in gear.
3. All doors are closed.
4. The throttle is pressed.
5. The vehicle speed is above 15 mph (24 km/h).
6. The doors were not previously locked using the power
door lock switch or Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter.

The Automatic Door Lock feature can be enabled or disabled.
Refer to “Personal Settings” under “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) — (if equipped)”

For vehicles not equipped with the EVIC, the Automatic Door Locks can be enabled or disabled by performing the following procedure:
1. Close all doors and place the key in the ignition.
2. Cycle the ignition switch between LOCK and ON and back to LOCK four times, ending up in the LOCK position.
3. Depress the power door LOCK switch to lock the doors.
4. A single chime will indicate the completion of the programming.
5. Verify reprogramming by driving the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts