Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! I have a 2010 SXT. About two years ago, I had the misfortune of running into a tire (on the rim) on the fwy. I told the shop that after that happened, weird stuff was going on with my car: AC won’t run at all if I turn the knob to Max, passenger side window cannot be controlled from driver’s side, driver’s side headlight goes out even when bulb is fine. They did the body work and then basically dismissed me as “a girl who doesn’t know what she’s talking about.” After doing a little research, I read that the wiring harness is on the driver’s side (where the impact had been) and I’m convinced that running into that tire somehow jostled some connections. Here we are, two years later, and now my air bag light in the dash goes on with an audible “bong” sound every time I hang a hard right or hit the brakes too hard. The check engine light comes on and goes off at will, the passenger tail light functions when it feels like it- and still the shop that did the initial work refuses to give any credibility to my claims. The work is covered for life so I’m thinking they don’t know electrical or aren’t willing to mess with it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Was it done through insurance? Get them involved. Body shops aren't good spruce of mechanical or electrical work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts