Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auto meter has developed a new meter that measures your average MPG and your instantaneous MPG. I avidly keep track of my MPG and I plan on installing one of these soon. I have seen them priced between 60 and 70 dollars. I was wondering if anyone here has tried one of these out in their caliber, or any other car for that matter.

Also, Does anyone know if someone out there sells the filler plate for that cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel so we can put a gauge there like the ones in the SRT-4s. that's where I wanna put the gauge and it would look better with the filler plate.

Check out the gauge here http://autometer.com/ecometer/

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good luck luck with that one, I have asked over and over again for this part and nobody has ever come up with an answer, even emails to parts suppliers and dealers have gone unanswered. That guage does look pretty sweet though, if only $60-70 it might need to be a new toy for me :) If you find a source for that filler plate, let me know, it would look much nicer, in my opinion, than the pillar pod solution.

rmurad38

Also, Does anyone know if someone out there sells the filler plate for that cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel so we can put a gauge there like the ones in the SRT-4s. that's where I wanna put the gauge and it would look better with the filler plate.

Check out the gauge here http://autometer.com/ecometer/

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pillar pods look nice if you have more than one gauge. But with only one gauge on a pillar it looks out of place. I do want the autometer D-pic as well so maybe when I get enough cabbage I'll get a pillar pod, ecometer, and D-pic all at the same time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree rmurad38...you ask for this guage and they have never heard of it! Auto-Meters site shows a nice ad but not price/availability. Would be a nice alternative to Scanguage 2 for those who only really care about fuel efficiency, and of course price.

Spoke too soon. Just checked SummitRacing.com and they have it for $79.95 including shipping. Exactly half of the Scanguage price.
Also on e-bay listed as Autometer 9100 by ihavethebestpriceperformance for $70.90 including shipping!

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello,

I am looking for a eco meter for my dodge caliber 2010 sxt. The one you see everywhere is a eco meter and its only good for 2008 and 2009. Please post any good reputable links.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey everyone.

I have one of those Autometer Eco Gauges. My father works at the local Dodge dealer as the Parts Mgr and he got one and never sold it. I tried it in my Caliber and i said it is cool but damn is it way wrong.

It told me regular driving that i was getting 12mpg lol yeah ok. On the highway i was getting 21. Its very touchy and i tried it in other cars, works a little better but eh.

worth 70.00 heck no. worth trying sure.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
What other method do you use to check the accuracy of the ecometer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts