Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
If you have THE multimedia for Chrysler Canbus vehicles then you should have no issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello friend, I now have a multimedia unit and will begin to install soon. If you can, would you have any tips as to wiring? Specifically; the power-harness wire-bundle has wires tagged as key1, key 2, brake,amp cont. Would I be correct to assume that they are there to accomidate other models etc? My Caliber has CANBUS to accommodate the steering wheel controls and sub woofer. I do understand that this is a longshot, but I just wanted to try anyway :- ) Cheers!
Hi again, and apologizes for the previous request. It's a bit much :- ) I do have something that should be a bit quicker to concider? When removing my radio, should I exspect to find two plugs, one larger that services the power and speakers etc. and one small that services the factory CANBUS system? Cheers again!

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Chrysler units have two rear sockets

If your new unit does not have the same sockets but it is intended for Chrysler CANBUS fitment then it will have a converter harness to plug between the two.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts