Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a Dodge Caliber 2009 SXT that shows the code P0481 refer Fan 2 Control Circuit. The mechanic diagnostic after analyzing the harness, fan, and fuses that the relay box needs to be replaced. So, now my second problem began just when I tried to find this used part or new.

I realize the possibility to use the relay box of another car, but I not sure that is possible.

If someone had or has this issue please give to me some help to find the solution.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Corrosion in the relay box is nothing new...pretty much affects all Calibers at some point (including mine...twice). The box itself is not sold as a replacement part as it's permanently wired into the car's main wiring harness.

Best you can do is cut the wires for the affected relay at the point where it enters the box, buy a relay socket with pigtails, splice the two together, and mount the new relay external to the box. If you weatherproof everything it should hold up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corrosion in the relay box is nothing new...pretty much affects all Calibers at some point (including mine...twice). The box itself is not sold as a replacement part as it's permanently wired into the car's main wiring harness.

Best you can do is cut the wires for the affected relay at the point where it enters the box, buy a relay socket with pigtails, splice the two together, and mount the new relay external to the box. If you weatherproof everything it should hold up.
Thank you to reply my question.

I figure out my problem it is my Temperature sensor, when I unplug it immediately my FAN started.
Do you have some reference of the box waterproof that fits in the space of the old box and where can buy it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts