Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day before it's product plan Chrysler posts a Recall Alert for Chrysler 300, Dodge Challenger, Charger. Nov. 03, 2009

Chrysler has issued a recall order for about 13,000 Chrysler 300 sedans, Dodge Charger sedans and Dodge Challenger coupes from model years 2009 and 2010 in order to correct a defect that could cause a wheel to separate from the car while driving.

In a recall notice filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Chrysler explains, "these vehicles may have been built without a front wheel spindle nut." The spindle nut is a part of the wheel assembly that helps connect the wheel to the axle. If the spindle nut is absent, the recall notice explains, "A tire and wheel separation could occur."

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Holy Smokes!! How in the world could that have gotten past quality control?? That's a major safety issue and law suits to follow if something happens. Geez, just when I was starting to feel better about mother Mopar again.

·
Administrator
6,488 Posts
That happened to a friend of mines father on a new 59 caddy, the wheel came right off on a turn

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
This is quite scary ! :str:
My daddy got a recall for his VW Touareg that said that "the spoiler could not be properly fixed and could come off" ... and this could be dangerous if it happens while driving at 100km/h on the highway! :SHOCKED: ... same for a tire I guess!

What's worrying is that things like that pass the quality control

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Wheels can come off anything. When i was young i had a front wheel come off on my bicycle......It wasn't a pretty sight LOL!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts