Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT that I just bought used. I noticed the driver side door doesn't stay open unless you hold it, so I checked it out. When comparing it to the passenger side, I saw that it was missing some spring towards the bottom door which is apparently (I think) called the detent roller? I can't seem to find any replacement online, does anybody know where I could get one?

I saw this on Amazon:

I'm hesitant to buy it because it doesn't seem to look exactly like the ones in the other doors, and I don't want to buy one that puts too much pressure on the roller and break something or have it not work and not be able to get it out. If you guys think this will work though, I'll give it a try.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: I did a bit of searching and found this: 2007-2017 Mopar Lower Door Hinge Assembly, Left 5115713AK | QuickParts
I think this is the right hinge, but I'd really rather not have to replace the whole door hinge. I really wanna just buy the spring separate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any idea on how to find a junkyard that has a caliber? Are they commonly found or is it kind of a crap-shoot if a junkyard I go to will have one?
Are Calibers common in junkyards? Yes, increasingly so....they are not exactly high quality long lasting cars. Failed CVT transmissions are sending them to the junkyards in high numbers.

You can call junkyards ahead of time to ask if they have Calibers.

Some junkyards also have tools to search for the cars on their lots:

While you are there, it would be a good idea to pickup other spare parts if you plan on trying to keep your car awhile. The ABS pump is no longer made, so you should try to get one. Maybe the fuel pump too.

·
Super Moderator
12,141 Posts
Also eBay / Gumtree listings. Breakers commonly list a cheap part such as a hub nut to show they are breaking a Caliber.
For a small part it may not be worth your while travelling and getting dirty. Just get a quote and have it mailed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts