Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RER MyGig #P05064737AC - purchased on eBay for $605 w/shipping
Sunburst Orange Bezel #1LG981V6AB - from an '09 Caliber - purchased from dealer for $180!
GPS Antenna #5064350AA - $35
MyGig Lockpick Adapter - purchased on eBay for $285
Sirius Antenna kit (Wrangler) - # 82210466AB $65
Grand total = $1,170.00

Well with inspiration and some help from GeeEssFore I decided to install a RER MyGig also. It's a really simple install as everything is plug and play. The only thing that I don't have working yet is the Sirius satellite radio. This is because the MyGig unit has the sirius tuner built right into the unit, and you have to connect the sirius antenna directly to the rear of the MyGig. I have ordered an extension cable that I should be able to tap into the existing sirius antenna and run it to the MyGig. The cable is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and I'll post some pics of the install process. For now, here is what it looks like:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice job. Right now im testing on putting in a 80 gig hard drive. Ill let you know what I find if your interested

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most definitely! I thought about opening the back to take a peek at the drive but I never did. Post some pics if you can. Thanks!

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Nice job TecnoMuzik :rep: I like it. Did you cut the bezel or buy a new one?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a new bezel. I wanted a nice clean finish to it.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I bought a new bezel. I wanted a nice clean finish to it.

You should post some details on your install, part#'s, cost and a general idea how to install it, so others know what to do.:smileup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
RER has nav and bigger hard drive. REN doesnt and has i beleive 10 gig hard drive

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I thought I already did that lol :smileup:
You did? my bad, I think I'll have to give it a search, I can't keep up with all the threads.:p

·
Registered
358 Posts
My cost and yours isnt the same. I get dealer pricing and it all depends on where you get it (ebay/dealer/ect.). Install also depends on how you are with wiring and if you have everything in hand. Mine took 30 mins start to finish

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just updated the first post with the pricing. Like GeeEssFore said, the install takes about 30-45 minutes. I still have to run the sirius antenna cable so this will take some time also. I'll hopefully get to this Thursday afternoon and I'll post some pics of the process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My GIG REN P/N 05064758AB has 30Gb Hard drive... Congratulations... good job... I'm still waiting the new bezel... I bought all in Miami last week... but the dealer sold me the incorrect bezel... Maybe in two weeks arrives to venezuela...

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
My GIG REN P/N 05064758AB has 30Gb Hard drive... Congratulations... good job... I'm still waiting the new bezel... I bought all in Miami last week... but the dealer sold me the incorrect bezel... Maybe in two weeks arrives to venezuela...
Hey RR GG , post some pics of yours when finished! :smileup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I now have the stock sirius antenna connected to the MyGig. I bought a sirius antenna kit for a Jeep Wrangler, part #82210466AB. It came with two pieces, an antenna (like you see on top of the Caliber) with a short cable and an extension cable.

For those who don't know, in our calibers the sirius antenna wire goes from the antenna on the roof to the sirius tuner on the floor near the spare tire. From there a 10 pin wire travels up to the front of the car and into the back of the radio. The antenna wire from the ceiling to the floor is not long enough to reach the dash.

First I disconnected the negative terminal on the battery, then
I disconnected the stock antenna wire from the stock extension wire which is located just above the headliner in the rear of the car: (sorry it's blurry! :shakehead:)

I then connected the extension cable from the new kit I bought

I then used (carefully!) a metal hanger as a guide wire and directed the antenna wire along the headliner.

Up along the passenger side to the A-pillar

I then ran it down the A-pillar and behind the dash but I don't have any pics of it going through the dash as it was already pretty dark out by the time I found a spot to slide it through. Once I got it through I ended up using the curved top part of the hanger to pull the wire from deep in the dash up to the radio. After I connected it to the radio I reconnected the negative terminal to the battery and in just a matter of minutes I was listening to satellite radio again. I was siriusly missing it! :D

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Nice job!!! and reps for the pictures. I also couldn't live without my sirius radio LOL!!!

Reactions: TecnoMuzik

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks David. I didn't realize how much I really love the sirius until I couldn't listen to it.

Reactions: rtawd1
1 - 20 of 64 Posts