Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the junkyard today. I found a Dodge Nitro and removed one of its stock rear fender flares. Took it to a Caliber in the yard, and it looks like almost a perfect fit.

It doesn’t quite reach the door by about an inch, so some sort of extending would be required to match it up.

This flare seems to be made out of the same plastic as the bumper. I’m wondering what I would need to do to add [something] to it to extend it to the door’s edge.

Wood and Bondo? Fibreglass mesh & epoxy? Aluminium screen and drywall mud? 😆

I dunno.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was at the junkyard today. I found a Dodge Nitro and removed one of its stock rear fender flares. Took it to a Caliber in the yard, and it looks like almost a perfect fit.

It doesn’t quite reach the door by about an inch, so some sort of extending would be required to match it up.

This flare seems to be made out of the same plastic as the bumper. I’m wondering what I would need to do to add [something] to it to extend it to the door’s edge.

Wood and Bondo? Fibreglass mesh & epoxy? Aluminium screen and drywall mud? 😆

I dunno.
I have always wondered myself if the Nitro Fender Flares would fit. I'm sure its been discussed before but I would really like to see fender flares on a Cali and I wonder if anyone has ever done it? I really like what you have done with your Cali btw :)

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
AMAZON
BraveWind 4 Pcs Black Universal Wheel Fender Flares Flexible Durable Polyurethane Extra Wide Auto Car Body Wheel Arches

Reactions: Linda_thewannabeSRT

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wood and Bondo? Fibreglass mesh & epoxy? Aluminium screen and drywall mud?
All that has been tried and more.

If you want easy DIY with good results, look at using construction adhesive and pop rivets (if you can do them underneath so they don't show) and topped/smoothed with bondo and a quick rattle can of paint.

If you want pro level results, this guy does it right:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts