Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was hoping maybe someone on here could help me with an issue i've been having.
I have an 07 Caliber, and i've been having a.. I dunno if it's a wobble, vibration or rough riding. I'm honestly pretty new at mechanical stuff. The only thing is, i've taken it to about 4 different places and no one seems to feel it. Or they describe it as something else. I always say it's a wobble because that's what it feels like to me.

Anyway; long story short.. i've had the tires aligned, balanced, tie rods checked and it's still happening. Someone said it was the drive train, and another said maybe the shocks? The tires are good, or i'm sure they'd say something. Sorry for the long write up, but hopefully someone can give me some insight. Internet searches seem to turn up nothing either. Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Calibers are notorious for worn suspension components.

Most likely your front bushings have never been replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Calibers are notorious for worn suspension components.

Most likely your front bushings have never been replaced.
Thank you, i'll have someone check them today. Hopefully that is the problem, and it can get solved. I'll keep this updated.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
A knot in a tire can cause that too. Check the sidewalls for any obvious bumps. Could be the sign of a separated belt in the sidewall, but Aleks has most likely nailed it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems that they noticed my rear bushing was a little worn, said nothing of the front. I tried to explain to him what I felt and he said that shouldn't cause it. But, I went to see how much it would cost anyway.

Went to a local dodge dealer, and they called the shop to specify which was bad, said it'd be best to do the entire arm too. About $500+ for dealer, cause shop said it would be best if they do it. So, honestly i'm kinda stuck lol. I don't have that much right on hand. And the way the mechanic talked he didn't think that was the issue, but I dunno. As of right now I'm kinda in limbo.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
You've taken it to people who are apparently qualified that say it's OK to keep driving. That sounds like your cheapest option.

If you seek knowledge there are youtube vids that show you how to use a pry bar to check for play in joints.
Lower control arms should be replaced in pairs, about $90 on eBay. Replacement is straightforward.

Read previous threads to get some idea of what symptoms you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, will do. You guys have helped a good bit. I'm hoping this will fix the issue.
Once again, thank you a ton.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Could be a bent rim as well, just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems that they noticed my rear bushing was a little worn, said nothing of the front. I tried to explain to him what I felt and he said that shouldn't cause it. But, I went to see how much it would cost anyway.

Went to a local dodge dealer, and they called the shop to specify which was bad, said it'd be best to do the entire arm too. About $500+ for dealer, cause shop said it would be best if they do it. So, honestly i'm kinda stuck lol. I don't have that much right on hand. And the way the mechanic talked he didn't think that was the issue, but I dunno. As of right now I'm kinda in limbo.

I have a 2009 Dodge Caliber I've been looking for that wobble and only happened to the certain miles per hour and a certain road but I have noticed that my tires are worn unevenly and one of them had a rim leak a very slow on and when I adjusted the air pressure in all four tires it seemed to disappear for awhile and then it came back the next day I assume it's because of the uneven wear on the tires which boils down to ball joints or wheel bearings I located on the front ball joints World Warren and on the rear the bearing wheel bearings. I just keep the air in the tires and I've been driving it for over a year like that so your mechanic gave you good advice I just have uneven wear on the tires I haven't replaced them yet but when I do it's going to have to be with the ball joints and wheel bearings and alignment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts