Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone out there has pulled a double horse box with a 2007 2Ltd Diesel Caliber?

Is is possible, or am I in Dreamland

BEst Wishes,

Vince

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not going to lie... What is a Double Horse Box... lol

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Won't do it. The horses will put you way over the car's limits, and the tongue weight will be grossly overloaded.

·
Registered
495 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
The Caliber's Towing Limit is (braked) 1200 kg.

That box may be unbraked if so it is way over the Caliber's unbraked capacity of 450kg.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
hahha oh i thought this was some redneck new street race lingo of some sort... hahaha i'm from Kentucky, and thought it was seriously some engine mod or something hahahaha....
Don't you have horses in Kentucky Mace ??? :D

BTW Welcome to the ForumZ Vince, do you have an horse farm? I love horses :)
It would be nice if you could introduce yourself on the Newbie Checkin!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone out there has pulled a double horse box with a 2007 2Ltd Diesel Caliber?

Is is possible, or am I in Dreamland

BEst Wishes,

Vince
No one answered your question, really. Let me:

Yes, you are mad.

And I tag you!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
right...

i wouldn't do it... at least if there is a horse in the trailer...

1200 kg?!
ok.. i have a gasoline but the car is the same and in my papers its allowed to tow 1120 kg braked...

so in fact that a normal horse is about 1000 kg (i don't talk about ponys) and the trailer with easily 600 kg.... your fast on 1600 kg... thats more than the weight of the car...

so if you have to brake it may be that your hitch will broke... and if not... the trailer will push you somewhere you don't want to go...

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
I have even seen 1120 lbs

Maneuverability/Mobility
Height (feet): 1535
Length (feet): 4415
Width (feet): 1800
Total Loaded Weight: 1460 lbs
Towing Capacity: 1120 lbs
Turning Radius: TBA ft
Tank Capacity: 11.3 gal

http://www.allcarstats.com/744-1.8s-hatchback.html

Maybe the 1.8 is slightly less?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
don't think so.. i think it depends on brakes and the body...

but 1120 lbs?! its less than 600 kg...
i think its the wrong unit...

so i can show you my papers... 1120 kg braked and 450 kg unbraked and the weight of the car is about 1400 kg

·
Registered
577 Posts
probably get away with it once or twice but you'd eventually destroy your engine but anyway it would just keep going into limp mode to save your turbo so your power would die every time.:shakehead:

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
Is this democarcy ?

Google hits

4,190 for dodge caliber towing 1120 kg

4,520 for dodge caliber towing 1200 kg.

The 2010 Dodge Caliber is finally getting the new interior that it should have had at launch. Unfortunately for American car buyers, this is the only significant change to the Caliber for the new model year. Mechanically, we are still stuck with the decidedly unrefined World engines which always seem to be short on both power and efficiency. That and they often sound more like an old diesel engine than modern diesels do.

European buyers, on the other hand ,will again be able to get the real thing. The Caliber, like most other Chryslers, is available overseas with a diesel engine and the newmodel gets a freshened motor too. The 2.2-liter four cylinder puts out 163 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque which should be ample for the Caliber. More importantly, it's rated at 40.6 mpg (U.S.) on the EU combined cycle.

It features an all-new refined interior and Common-rail Diesel (CRD) engine to satisfy the needs of discerning international customers.

This all-new Euro V capable engine is paired to a six-speed manual transmission and produces 120 kW (163 hp DIN) and 320 N•m (236 lb.-ft.), delivering 16 percent more power, 3 percent more torque and 25 percent more towing capability (1500 kg) compared with the previous diesel engine. Forged steel connecting rods, aluminum head and pistons, and fourth-generation direct-injection system provide durability, weight reduction and performance. Passenger refinement also improves as dual balance shafts and sound-deadening materials reduce the diesel engine's vibration and harshness by 25 percent compared with the previous Dodge Caliber CRD.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
on weekend i meet my buddy, he has a diesel... i can ask him...

but 1500 kg is great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts