Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car 2010 Dodge Caliber 2.0 L SXT 4-cylinder alternator is shot ! I have way limited cash auto wrecker in Hayward, CA. Dorris has a 2007 Dodge Caliber Alternator. As I'm thinking yay.... I don't know ? I have a hundred dollars and the wrecker wants 75. I believe my 2010 is 120amps. I need to just get my car going period, and moved before it's ticketed or towed. It seems a lot of people I know are lame and really have been no help to me. Don't get me wrong the ones that do help me I try not bother to much. It's not good, I gotta fix it ASAP sincerely, Me, Jamie and my Caliber and my dog. We miss the dog parks and the Toll Plaza Beach.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What specifically is wrong with your alternator...is it not charging the battery or is it making a lot of noise? If it's the latter the alternators have special spring-loaded pulleys on them called decoupling pulleys, and these often go bad with age/mileage. While generally not recommended you could replace just the decoupling pulley and potentially save a bunch of money.

Do keep in mind that the alternators in the Caliber are pain in the butt to replace....not an easy job. Not something you're going to do in the parking lot in 15 minutes :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you are handy, you can go to a junkyard yourself and pull an alternator out of a Dodge Caliber yourself and save even more money.

I echo Chris' comments on the difficulty...it is a pain in the ass on a Caliber. I am reasonably handy with cars and it would probably take me two hours start to finish, assuming nothing went wrong.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What specifically is wrong with your alternator...is it not charging the battery or is it making a lot of noise? If it's the latter the alternators have special spring-loaded pulleys on them called decoupling pulleys, and these often go bad with age/mileage. While generally not recommended you could replace just the decoupling pulley and potentially save a bunch of money.

Do keep in mind that the alternators in the Caliber are pain in the butt to replace....not an easy job. Not something you're going to do in the parking lot in 15 minutes :)
Both . Real bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts