Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As I only got my Cali about a month ago, I have not had the time or money to do much, but I have at this point made some decent progress. I call my Cali Caliber Prime, and have taken the liberty to do quite a few Transformer mods to it. First I had a decal badge from China and threw that on my gas tank (no other flat parts of the car where it looked decent), then I ordered a couple stickers and put them on my bezel. After that I ordered some chrome lettering for the back and removed the old "CALIBER" AND "SXT", and added "AUTOBOT" and "CALIBER" in the same font (my first attempt it came out crooked so that was a waste of $20.00. Then I took the cargo area out and drew the Autobot logo on it with a Sharpie (I will be doing a paint job to it in the next couple weeks). And for my final transformer type mod I ordered a thrid brake light cover.

I also put some vinyl rocker strips on the side and just last night I plastidipped my grill.

I have some vinyl eyelids for it, but am not sure if I want to try them as I have heard they tend to suck. Other than that I will be plastidipping my rims when I can find the space for it (I live in an apartment so I have no space for that kind of project).

Here are the pics I have, and thank you all for your DIY's on this forum as I couldn't have gotten the grill off or didn't even know of Plastidip without your help! :smileup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and before any says it, I know not everyone digs the whole Transformers thing, it is a matter of personal preference. I watched and loved the 80's TV show when it was actually on the air, and my son loves the movies and new cartoons now, so it is more of a treat for my inner child and also for my actual child than it is to be cool.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
I like the cargo area job! :) Nice mods....let me send you some :rep:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cargo Area

Thanks for the reps! And yes, that was freehand. I tried to plastidip the cargo logo but it didn't work so well so instead I got myself some paint markers and finished it up. Not exactly center, but close enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts