Dont be shy and tell us more.

What's the car model you have?

And what the heck is an air dam?

Have photos?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i have an 08 SE i have added Mopar strut brace, Painted engine cover, tinted windows, painted eyelids The air dam is the black piece of plastic that is attached to the bottom of the front bumper basically what you scrap on parking blocks.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Oh. Yeah. I usually referred to those as air deflectors but air dam is the proper word for that.

Some sites allow location of specific used parts but Part Request doesn't list anything for the Caliber SE.

If you dig some more you could probably find one from an SXT or R/T.

At any case, Mopar and your dealer will have them.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Should be easy to install. Most of the front body panels are held up using lock pins. Maybe a screw or two. Don't have my service manual with me but it should be a no-brainer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i Know i have had my entire front bumber off to replace headlight bulbs. My question is is there a problem with taking it off and leaving it off does it do anything important?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Yeah i Know i have had my entire front bumber off to replace headlight bulbs. My question is is there a problem with taking it off and leaving it off does it do anything important?
First, head light bulbs are easily replaced by accessing between the fender and the plastic wheel well. Just requires removal of a few screws. Second, the "dam" re-directs air and stones. Remove it, and gas mileage will suffer some, and stones could damage the oil pan.

And please fill out your profile so we all know what Caliber you have so you don't have to repeat yourself.;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
First, head light bulbs are easily replaced by accessing between the fender and the plastic wheel well. Just requires removal of a few screws. Second, the "dam" re-directs air and stones. Remove it, and gas mileage will suffer some, and stones could damage the oil pan.

And please fill out your profile so we all know what Caliber you have so you don't have to repeat yourself.;)

I believe he is refering to the 1" black plastic piece under the front bumper. Basically the only function there is to let the driver know if the crub they are parking at is going to hit the underside.

Removing this part all together would be ok, just be careful when you pull into parking spots with higher curbs. Or the underside of your bumper will be scratched to crap!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that is exactly what i am talking about lol sorry if i didn't explain that well enough and the curb problem isn't really a problem because i used to drive a 91' Dodge Dakota (RIP Arlean) and so because of the length difference i never pull all the way up to the curb lol im always like a foot away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts