Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my agp wastegate and an aem boost controller and I'm having an incredibly difficult time getting them adjusted to where I want it to be. I also have ms1 and the mopar blow off plate. I have the wastegate pretty loose and the duty cycle on the controller as low as possible and it still shoots up and holds about 20 psi for short periods and consistenly hold around 13 or 14 psi. Since the controller has 2 presets I was looking to have the A setting around 11 or 12 psi for daily driving and then have the B setting around 15 psi. I'm also getting a hissing sound when I'm still slightly on the throttle around 10 mmHg vacuum. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I installed my agp wastegate and an aem boost controller and I'm having an incredibly difficult time getting them adjusted to where I want it to be. I also have ms1 and the mopar blow off plate. I have the wastegate pretty loose and the duty cycle on the controller as low as possible and it still shoots up and holds about 20 psi for short periods and consistenly hold around 13 or 14 psi. Since the controller has 2 presets I was looking to have the A setting around 11 or 12 psi for daily driving and then have the B setting around 15 psi. I'm also getting a hissing sound when I'm still slightly on the throttle around 10 mmHg vacuum. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help?
The 20 PSI momentary boost is called a boost spike. Having a boost spike is normal, but in your case, 20 is a bit high. Thus, the ECU pulls throttle to normalize the boost.

stage 1 will only allow about 15 PSI (+-2) depending on weather and other conditions. So regardless of boost controllers, it WILL pull you down.

My opinion on boost controllers is that they aruseless but that's just me. Having a preset for daily driving brings nothg to the table. You just have to be gentler on the accelerator.

If you were to lessen the tension on your WGA so it wouldn't spike so much, you would gain power because throttle wouldn't close on you. More PSI doesn't translate to knife power.

If you want to boost more than MS1 allows, you will need either MS1K from RealTune (still in beta test but being released soon) or a clamp. Adjusting a clamp is a bit more involved however and requires a couple of extra gauges to keep an eye on car metrics.

If you want to play with an aftermarket WGA and boost controller, you should get yourself the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge so that you can keep an eye on St Knock and throttle %, at the very minimum.

You want your throttle % to stick at 87-88% when at WOT and keep engine knock down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts