Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys have a caliver 2007 its been blowing warm air for a while. Did a vacuum and recharge and still warm. High pressure seems extremely low. Could it be a bad compressor? This is a pic of gauges. It holds vacuum and holds 134a no leaking anywhere.

What u guys think?

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
53 Posts
If the refregent pressure is holding, it could be a bad compressor. Have you checked if the A/C compressor clutch was engaging?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry, I meant hub, not clutch. The hub should spin with the pulley to engage the compressor when ac is running.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then it is likely the faulty compressor. Hopefully replacing the compressor fixes your ac issue.
Ty so much ordering one now. Question for this caliber do i want a compressor only, a compressor kit that bring that bottle looking part and evaporator too, or a compressor with clutch?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would go for the kit. When replacing the compressor, it is recommended to replace the drier (the bottle looking part) because that is what it filters within the ac system. You would not want any possible debris that may have caused the compressor to fail to work its way back into your new compressor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would go for the kit. When replacing the compressor, it is recommended to replace the drier (the bottle looking part) because that is what it filters within the ac system. You would not want any possible debris that may have caused the compressor to fail to work its way back into your new compressor.
Makes total sense ty ordering today see how it goes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both gauges appear to be reading the same pressure I will say the compressor definitely not running but it could just be a bad pressure switch not allowing power to the compressor before you replace it you should find the low AC pressure switch and bypass it and see if the compressor comes on so which would only be a few dollars as opposed to several 100 dollars for a compressor and clutch and obviously it could just be a blown compressor clutch fuse or a bad relay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both gauges appear to be reading the same pressure I will say the compressor definitely not running but it could just be a bad pressure switch not allowing power to the compressor before you replace it you should find the low AC pressure switch and bypass it and see if the compressor comes on so which would only be a few dollars as opposed to several 100 dollars for a compressor and clutch and obviously it could just be a blown compressor clutch fuse or a bad relay
Ty for the info im test those too before changing it, which fuse would it be ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts