Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with player if i use cd player cant change back to radio, if using radio cant change to fmusing button just seeks new station at end of my tether with it any help appreciated thanks ps. steering wheel doesnt have controls on it 56 plate 1.8

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
It does sound like the unit. You could check all the connectors in the back are sound.

Once you have dismantled the console for access to be fair it's easier to fit a new system They ( the CANBUS compatible alternates ) are now much cheaper than a decade ago.

So I would not bother with another old used unit.

Your options are retain the existing console and get a DVD/CD with a display

OR a full screen Android Auto system with it's own new console (but no disk drive).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does sound like the unit. You could check all the connectors in the back are sound.

Once you have dismantled the console for access to be fair it's easier to fit a new system They ( the CANBUS compatible alternates ) are now much cheaper than a decade ago.

So I would not bother with another old used unit.

Your options are retain the existing console and get a DVD/CD with a display

OR a full screen Android Auto system with it's own new console (but no disk drive).
I do not want to start cutting dash surround out like it with the monkey ears lol

·
Super Moderator
12,240 Posts
No cutting required, it comes with a new bezel

Older Monkey ears version

1 - 5 of 5 Posts