Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 Caliber R/T FWD CVT. I just had to have the rear motor mount replaced. It completely wore out. I Saw with my own eyes how the motor would rock when shifting from park to drive. It put a lot of strain on the other mounts and god knows what else. It cost around $225 to fix overall. Lucky the Mechanic noticed because its hard to tell from the drivers seat that somethings wrong. After the fix the car feels much more solid. It handles like new and that inertia I didn't even notice until it was gone, is gone.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Have any custom parts on the car, like a custom front engine mount or else?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I own a 2008 Caliber R/T FWD CVT. I just had to have the rear motor mount replaced. It completely wore out. I Saw with my own eyes how the motor would rock when shifting from park to drive. It put a lot of strain on the other mounts and god knows what else. It cost around $225 to fix overall. Lucky the Mechanic noticed because its hard to tell from the drivers seat that somethings wrong. After the fix the car feels much more solid. It handles like new and that inertia I didn't even notice until it was gone, is gone.
You were probably just unlucky enough to get a bad one that prematurely failed. Based on this forum, it's not a common problem. But on second thought, did you buy used or new? If used, maybe the car was in a front end accident. Sometimes the front motor mount will get broken in the accident and the rear one will appear fine, but is damaged enough to cause failure at a later time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no biggie i just replaced the same rear engine mt. also with 38,000. miles on it. 2007 rt awd too ! HAS A NOISE IN FRT END , DEALER SAYS BOTH LOWER CONTROL ARM ARE GONE

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the car brand new. No mods at the time. 2 months after I bought it some retard blew a stop sign and struck me in the front right quarter of the car. That was at about 170miles. Heres an update: 83000miles- Replaced steering rack/main gear. Front right strut, serp belt & pullies, sway bars,power steering pump & reservoir,a/c compressor, alternator, battery, control arms both sides multiple times(dodge says the Chinese aftermarket control arms last longer than mopars...I haven't had the chance to try yet) all 4 brakes one time. Pluse 4 new tires last exactly 11 months and Ive replaced them twice. Ive had mechanics and knowledgeable car-guys tell me A lot of these repairs were due to the accident. A lot of them tell me this is normal. I just post it for all to see.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
A collision can leave a lot of hidden damage - ticking time bombs waiting to go off at some later date.

Two sets of new tires? - I'd bet your frame is bent or tweaked as a result of the collision you referred to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts