Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
How rough is the rest of the car? I've got a lot of body rust, permanent "No Fuse", A/C does nothing, those suspension components that were given extended warranty replacement have been replaced twice...but it's all paid for and still gets 25-28mpg.
No rust at all other than the little rust from the ding on the door. I know the first owner. He garaged it but drove it a lot for deliveries. The suspension was shot though. I replaced all of it once so far. I replaced the passenger lower control arm a couple of months and it looks like it is ripping again. So i will need to replace Both now. All the motor mounts gone. replaced them all twice now. Rear lower control arms gone. Looking to replace the passenger side next. I did the driver side.

The bushing are just suspect all the time to me so far.. I am in the process of putting a bigger turbo in at the moment lol. So maybe that is why the bushing are not lasting.

Also the trim on the roofs are falling apart.
Speedometer Vehicle Car Odometer Steering part

Last pic before i changed the cluster

·
Registered
218 Posts
How hard is it too change the motor mounts on this car or did you get someone else to do it for you?
Not hard at all! I do them one at a time and it takes a little bit of time. I have the manual transmission and for some reason i cant ever get the correct size for the transmission mount but i can always get it to work.

Just jack it up on two jack stands and use the jack to lift the motor up and down a bit when removing and reinstalling is all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts