Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice. The one I found similar to the one pictured didn't have any of those features I listed. Looks like a decent one. XDA developers is a good forum to look into these units and the mic issue. There is a fix that involves opening up the unit and taping up mic leads on that site. The audio gets combined so even if covered it sounds like crap even with a really good mic. Fyt7862 will bring up OP if you search on XDA developers. Would be nice to find model of DSP.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
These already offer more than I may use without rooting and modifying. In the I-never-knew-I-wanted-that department have you considered the 360 cameras? DeMuro really seems to rate them.

It looks like they could be mounted on the spoiler sides to route the cables though the tailgate with the back-up camera.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't even use my dash cam or backup camera for my OP radio. Can't imagine any use for 360 camera. My dash cam also has that AR drive assist. Don't use it. I don't trust reversing without looking over my shoulder.

I wasn't saying check out XDA to look into rooting one of these devices. Just some good info on drawbacks/ pros/cons of these units and what they can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I deliberately exclude seller links as a principle since they expire quickly and we are not endorsing anyone, though personal experience of good service is recommended.

The 'model' I was looking at was Runningnav RT9. It is unclear to me from Chinese 'Brands' such as those you list whether they are seller 'labels' or UI coders on a generic manufacture. Those that are cloned will either be sourced from one or two builders or pirate copies.

The portrait screen is 9.7". The OP like yours is 10.1". The 'upgrade' was 10.25" which maximised the console with the overlap and attached dials. It looked weird and may not have been popular as I can't find it now - I may need to include more link details!

Is the mic issue not as simple as muting it. An external mic will be a separate app/driver. Until you find something else why not just stick a pad over the mic slot? Not everything seems to be shown but much is generic to the Android system or can be downloaded. The TPMS function is available on the landscape models too I found.

The DSP is 36EQ and Amplifier TDA7388. It is an 8 core processor. I assume they all use Mediatek but none specify a version and presumably use whatever is available.

My caution from this initial look is that it seems generic to more modern vehicles and less specific to the disappearing CANBUS Caliber market like the OP.

#6 is the subwoofer,#8 looks like amp control, 1-2 audio in, 3-4 audio out, 5&7 Video in/out

Can't see a Mic input or phone socket so BT?
Do you mean #connects to the Boston system AMP and #6 to the Boston subwoofer?

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
For plug & play you should just be disconnecting the Mopar unit and plugging the same connections into your replacement.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The Boston Acoustics would be irrelevant, Premium Sound is a higher quality and number of speakers with a multi-changer disc & mp3 player. The sub needs switchable power which is not unusual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I actually just bought the same android system and installed it yesterday. Everything looks just fine but when I play anything it’s not sending anything to the speakers. When I was installing I once switched back to the factory stereo to check if that still works but unfortunately the old one wasn’t working too. I checked the fuse and it was alright. Tea need help here.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts