Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest system solves a lot of our issues from $280-400

07-10 Dodge Caliber car intelligent multimedia video player radio GPS navigation Android 10.0 8-core 6 + 128G memory

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
10.25" screen version Android 10.1

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will soon order the following.
I can let you know once I have it. The screen looks better fit inside the plastic shell.
In your picture it looks more like the screen is outside of the shell.

€ 148,47 45%OFF | EKIY 6G 128G DSP Android 10 Autoradio For Dodge Caliber 2009-2012 Car Radio Mutimedia Blu-ray IPS Screen Navigation GPS

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the more common 2020 console from my first post

It is the maximum screen space within the console. The second post was the latest attempt with a larger screen that as you point out projects out from the console to expand beyond it's width limits.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you installed one of these before? (2020) Is it hard to setup rear camera? I was wondering how to pass the wire all the way to the rear..

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not yet - my Boston system still shines.
Yes to rear camera, top of hatch glass by screen wash. Alternate is the license plate light more for backing up, mine is more for insurance driving.
I used the existing wiring gaskets, dropped the roof lining which is mostly held by lights and handles. You will be routing through the A pillar covers, be careful with those central screw covers. They are a pain to keep in if distorted.
Mine was to a DVR behind my rear view mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was about to order this for my new (70,000 mi.) 08' Caliber SXT I just bought but there are so many companies that make them. How did you decide on this brand? Am I better off getting a 09 bezel and doing a double din from a trusted audio company like pioneer? I know this will require some wiring harness and other modifications but... are these things reliable and could it brick my car like the gentleman in these forums who couldn't start his car after installing a Chrysler head unit in his girlfriends car for her new subwoofers because of the Anti-theft feature.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anti-theft issues do not apply to new units that have not been transferred from another vehicle.

The cars are designed by Chrysler for their own head units - expensive so people look for alternatives.

The chinese make all the gear for everyone so it can be a lottery. Android systems get updated frequently so I would treat it like a phone, if you get 4 years out of it you are ahead.

I would not pull out a working system to replace it though.

Modding a workaround for a non-CANBUS system like Pioneer is not comparable. It does involve extra work and cost but some people have got an adequate result (compared to a dead unit).

·
Registered
5 Posts
HengCheng PRO S-9 128GB
Well, it's ordered. My '08 came with the stock radio with aux, but no navigation or anything and I really want Bluetooth functionality. I got the exact unit from your first post. I assume a microphone can be connected but it says built-in microphone. These cars are the same electronically throughout the world, right? Says it will connect to factory connectors and if not return or send pics and they will assist. Any advice would be appreciated. It is supposed to arrive in May. Also, do you know if there is any way to install steering wheel controls if my vehicle doesn't have them? I was going to check the junkyard. Thanks for the quick response you are very knowledgeable.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Built-in mic for phone calls or Hey Google & voice controls.
No satellite for the N America only SiriusXM radio. (They are probably all on Android anyway but coverage - mobile STARLINK - still to launch.)
Wiring harness was global & full featured. After a couple of years with export sales slower than hoped Chrysler saved a buck by eliminating the amber blinker circuit for N America.

What do you mean by IF - the buttons are on the back of the wheel unless it's an S/SE. All SXTs had them. Should already be working with the current unit (RTM).

·
Registered
5 Posts
It doesn't have them. It says they come on the '08 SXT with the music gate package only maybe? I have an aux port and it looks like satellite radio but not the BOSTON speakers or woofer.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MusicGate was an option on the SXT, standard on R/T.
Leather-wrapped, includes steering wheel audio controls (included with Premium Sound Group)

You will be able to get a used wheel - also look at the Avenger Compass Patriot
The wiring harness should be in place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts