Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my latest project due to the need for some tires. Fortunately, there were plenty of Dodge Charger stock wheels available on the market. See the before and after. Additionally, I purchased a 67.1 to 71.3 Hub spacer due to Dodge Calibers having a slightly smaller hub then the Dodge Charger/Challenger/Magnum. Keep in mind that I read several posts about if this was even possible and I can tell you, YES. It actually fits. Alot of skepticism has to do with the bolt spacing - 5x115(Caliber) to 5x114.3 (Charger/Magnum/Challenger), offset, and hub size...After hours of research I've decided that the arguments were simply not justifyable and easily disputable. Now, 3 weeks in and I can let you know right off the bat, the car looks amazing. Larger rims and the offset of the wheel give the car a whole new feel and look...See for yourself.

Before
IMG_2383.jpg
Hub Spacer
IMG_2387.jpg
After
20160208_150440.jpg

Additionally, Take a look at this graph below, provided by willtheyfit website....This is what the photos really cannot show. Our cars offset is so extreme stock that our wheels our literally tucked inside the fender. This new set up moves the wheel outward to be flush with the fender. 58.1mm is a big difference!

Lastly, I am in the process of working out the only issue I have ran into during the conversion. The TPMS sensors on the 13 Dodge Charger, and to my understanding, any Dodge models produced after 2008, run a 433mhz frequency vs. the Caliber stock of 315 mhz. Essentially, my tpms light is on and my ECM does not appear to agree w/the new TPMS sensors. Again, a lot of debate here regarding the programming, backwards compatibility, and not a lot of concrete arguments to make a valid argument. So Ill post more when I figure this out. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,093 Posts
Our Calibers run 433MHz. It's programmable within the system. Needs dealer access to switch. Probably cheaper to have the tire shop changeover your sensors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This was my latest project due to the need for some tires. Fortunately, there were plenty of Dodge Charger stock wheels available on the market. See the before and after. Additionally, I purchased a 67.1 to 71.3 Hub spacer due to Dodge Calibers having a slightly smaller hub then the Dodge Charger/Challenger/Magnum. Keep in mind that I read several posts about if this was even possible and I can tell you, YES. It actually fits. Alot of skepticism has to do with the bolt spacing - 5x115(Caliber) to 5x114.3 (Charger/Magnum/Challenger), offset, and hub size...After hours of research I've decided that the arguments were simply not justifyable and easily disputable. Now, 3 weeks in and I can let you know right off the bat, the car looks amazing. Larger rims and the offset of the wheel give the car a whole new feel and look...See for yourself.

Before
View attachment 8961
Hub Spacer
View attachment 8963
After
View attachment 8964

Additionally, Take a look at this graph below, provided by willtheyfit website....This is what the photos really cannot show. Our cars offset is so extreme stock that our wheels our literally tucked inside the fender. This new set up moves the wheel outward to be flush with the fender. 58.1mm is a big difference!

Lastly, I am in the process of working out the only issue I have ran into during the conversion. The TPMS sensors on the 13 Dodge Charger, and to my understanding, any Dodge models produced after 2008, run a 433mhz frequency vs. the Caliber stock of 315 mhz. Essentially, my tpms light is on and my ECM does not appear to agree w/the new TPMS sensors. Again, a lot of debate here regarding the programming, backwards compatibility, and not a lot of concrete arguments to make a valid argument. So Ill post more when I figure this out. Hope you enjoy!
What wheels did you use (width, diameter, offset, etc.)? What spacer did you use? Can you show a side view to see how much the wheels stick out from the body?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts