Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Dodge Caliber,
this problem is growing in frequency and severity.

It started with a Crank no start, this was a problem that would randomly correct its self after time siting still unknown the precise problem causing the issue,
Recently the problem has escalated where it will now stop running while its driving and then of course immediately following fail to restart.

Fuel pump - Replaced Problem Persists
Key Fob batteries - Replaced Problem Persists

Additional I've removed rearranged and cleaned the relays under the drivers headlight in front of the front tire.

While turning the key to the run position you can hear the fuel pump running under the back seat, so I don't believe its a fuel pump problem at this point but rather an ignition problem something in the computer shutting down the coil packs. Maybe an emergency shut down relay, a safety system designed to activate the air bags, shut off the fuel pump and disable ignition sources in the event of a crash. however there are 3 emergency shut down relays in the fuse panel listed and I don't want to go randomly poking around them for fear I might end up triggering the airbag or other random emergency system. If anyone has any ideas how I could solve this problem or something that could at least point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Your problems are consistent with a charging issue. Battery/alternator/regulator/wiring/grounding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts