Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 caliper mainstreet, but the radio won't turn on yet the clock is working (but it can't be set). I talked to the dealership this morning (I picked it up last night) and they said it needs replaced. Is there a lock feature on these. It's a non touch screen with CD player, OE Unit #P05064420AD looks like this
Screenshot_20210417-120704.png

·
Registered
194 Posts
A silly question, but you pressed the left knob to try to turn it on? (happened to me because I don't read things)

There should be two fuses controlling the radio; 1) constant 12volts for memory, clock, etc. 2) switched 12volts to power the whole thing.

If the fuse to the switched power is blown, the radio will light up, with clock, but it won't actually turn on.

Fuses can be found under the hood, drivers' side, black box, three tabs.

The knobs on my radio have issues - to get them to do anything, I have to tap them with some force. I could replace the whole thing, but I'm too lazy... the buttons behind the steering wheel (why did Dodge hide them there?) control most of what I need anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A silly question, but you pressed the left knob to try to turn it on? (happened to me because I don't read things)

There should be two fuses controlling the radio; 1) constant 12volts for memory, clock, etc. 2) switched 12volts to power the whole thing.

If the fuse to the switched power is blown, the radio will light up, with clock, but it won't actually turn on.

The knobs on my radio have issues - to get them to do anything, I have to tap them with some force. I could replace the whole thing, but I'm too lazy... the buttons behind the steering wheel (why did Dodge hide them there?) control most of what I need anyway.
Lol

Lol.. yes I tried pushing the power button. My next thing is going to check the fuses.
I do know that the battery was replaced before I bought the car (it was at a chevy dealership) the salesman said his girlfriend's mom has a Jeep that something similar happened and it needed updated. I don't want to pull out the radio just yet if there's a reset I can try first.

·
Super Moderator
12,269 Posts
Before you spend money on it know there are better modern featured head-units available from $150-600, of course you will still need power working.
Pulling it out is not too hard.
Search for Chrysler CANBUS compatible Head Unit (entertainment/navigation/DVD/Android) whatever your preferences.
Otherwise you'll end up with additional costs for adapters, diagnostics, features to modify regular radios.

I like the steering controls where they fall to hand and not being in your face ( I do read manuals).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Do you happen for to know the other fuse number position? I found the radio fuse and just bought a test light (since I couldn't find any others). I really haven't had too much time to look at the fuse box
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've been looking on my 08 R/T, but haven't found the second one.

I'm not looking forward to removing the radio to figure out the wiring... but it will drive me nuts if I don't.

If someone else doesn't chime in, I'll post my findings as soon as I get a chance. 💪

1 - 7 of 7 Posts