Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys new here I have a 2011 Dodge Caliber mainstream 121,210 miles has a fresh tune up the motor has only 42,000 miles on it.
my issue

my car has no acceleration power meaning that I can put the pedal to the floor and it barley goes and if I’m on the interstate and trying to pass someone I the rpm almost redlines trying to pass a car going 60mph
And if I’m going up a hill and I slow down ex my hill by my mail box
And I try to give it gas it doesn’t want to go it acts like a manual trying to go in high gear r all these cars like this?
or could something be wrong?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it a CVT? When was the last time you had the fluid changed? I think the dealer told me every 80k miles is suggested.

Also, have you done the throttle reset procedure?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a CVT? When was the last time you had the fluid changed? I think the dealer told me every 80k miles is suggested.

Also, have you done the throttle reset procedure?
Yes it’s a cvt and I haven’t had it changed we r financing it through a car lot and the warranty had just expired

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also, have you done the throttle reset procedure?:

And I never knew about a throttle reset

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello guys new here I have a 2011 Dodge Caliber mainstream 121,210 miles has a fresh tune up the motor has only 42,000 miles on it.
my issue

my car has no acceleration power meaning that I can put the pedal to the floor and it barley goes and if I’m on the interstate and trying to pass someone I the rpm almost redlines trying to pass a car going 60mph
And I try to give it gas it doesn’t want to go it acts like a manual trying to go in high gear r all these cars like this?
the cvt takes some getting used to, tromping down on the gas makes a lot of noise but no a big burst of power

·
Registered
13 Posts
my issue

This is a CVT (transmission) issue. I'd take the car to a Dodge dealer for diagnosis.

The Dodge dealer will probably want to do a CVT oil change, and then discover that you need a new transmission.

If you do need a new transmission, I would sell the car. It is probably not worth fixing.

I would not buy any car with a CVT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts