Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a long trip and the next day I went not where. Later that night I started my car and the none of the gauges moved. When I say none I mean none no gas, no temp, no speed, no rpms. Could some one tell me what this could be? Can I fix it on my own.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I took a long trip and the next day I went not where. Later that night I started my car and the none of the gauges moved. When I say none I mean none no gas, no temp, no speed, no rpms. Could some one tell me what this could be? Can I fix it on my own.
You are still under warranty - best bet is to go to a Chrysler dealer.

One thing you could try is to disconnect your battery for several hours to reset the system. This may help, but if not, you will need the Dealer's help to fix the problem.

Special instruments are needed to diagnose the problem, a lot of work is involved in accessing the cluster and its wiring. Definitely not a DIY project.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Could be a loose connection, or a fuse. Being that you have a warranty, might be best that you take it to your dealer and have them fix it. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
You are still under warranty - best bet is to go to a Chrysler dealer.

One thing you could try is to disconnect your battery for several hours to reset the system. This may help, but if not, you will need the Dealer's help to fix the problem.

Special instruments are needed to diagnose the problem, a lot of work is involved in accessing the cluster and its wiring. Definitely not a DIY project.
You beat me by a few seconds...LOL!!

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
i acctually would suggest NOT reseting the computer by discontecting the battery. its still under warrenty so take it to dodge. when you disconect the battery it resets the error codes and then dodge will have a harder time finding the problem. take it to dodge if it drives...

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
i acctually would suggest NOT reseting the computer by discontecting the battery. its still under warrenty so take it to dodge. when you disconect the battery it resets the error codes and then dodge will have a harder time finding the problem. take it to dodge if it drives...
Good Point!! - I didn't even think of that - reps (as soon as I can).

·
Registered
58 Posts
:smiley_thumbs_up: I agree. Let them have a look while the codes are still showing. Otherwise it becomes a guessing game.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Kabraxis, you're awesome.

As a diesel technician, I would love it if just one person didn't try to fix something that was under warranty...

You have given me hope!
If it's something simple and doesn't require any expense, I will do it myself instead of wasting a bunch of time at the dealer just because it's under warranty.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
If it's something simple and doesn't require any expense, I will do it myself instead of wasting a bunch of time at the dealer just because it's under warranty.
Yeah - I agree there - a couple of minutes with a couple of hand tools in the driveway is a lot better than a dealer keeping the car overnight. Seems as if all dealers around here want to keep cars overnight, no matter what the problem.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
This is true, but many times customers trying to fix things end up making things worse. I can think of several vehicles off the top of my head that have come in over the past month or so.
The key thing is to have the skill, knowledge, and intelligence to know what you can do (tighten a screw, oil a hinge, etc.) and what you can't do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts