Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My Caliber passenger front door window will not go up.
Both the driver and the passenger side switch will make it go down, but not up.

I replaced the motor. Still wont go up.
I replaced the regulator. Still wont go up.

I connected the motor to the harness, and left it off the regulator.
Both switches when pressing down will make it spin one way.
Neither switch will make it spin the other way

I find it hard to believe that both up switches have failed simultaneously.

Suggestions please?

Thanks!
Phil

·
Registered
710 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there are separate wires in the door for making the window go up or down...if the wire for going up is broken, you'd experience the problem you describe.

I believe the wire you want is orange/violet and runs between the motor and the passenger side switch assembly. I've attached the relevant wiring diagram from the service manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the diagram! There are only two wires that feed the motor though, and it does not get ground from the frame so both wires would have to be working to make it spin down, right? (It does spin down now)

If the master drivers side up switch was bad, would the passenger door switch still make it go up? My mechanic was wondering if the switches were tied together possibly.

Do you happen to have the entire 2010 SXT service manual?

Thanks!
Phil

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts
Do you happen to have the entire 2010 SXT service manual?
Only the 2007 was copied on to the net. Significant changes were only the rear lighting. Then 2011 interior trim upgrades.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I appreciate the diagram! There are only two wires that feed the motor though, and it does not get ground from the frame so both wires would have to be working to make it spin down, right? (It does spin down now)
Correct...one wire will be power and the other will be ground. Which is which depends on which way you press the window button.

If I'm reading the wiring diagram correctly the switch signals from the driver's side panel have to go through the passenger's side panel to get to the motor. As such if both panels produce the same (faulty) results then that would suggest an issue with the passenger panel, the wiring to the motor, or the motor itself. That's easy enough to diagnose by checking for +12V and ground on the appropriate pins when the switch is activated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts