Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DIYs/Pros,

My most recent issue, after replacing the serpentine pulley system, is a cracked compressor pulley.
Anytime I set the belt and start the car, the belt pops off almost immediately. Although it’s aligned, I believe the crack allows the belt to slip off.
The A/C works perfect (heat doesn’t though 😂 blower motor🤷‍♂️) and I hate to toss an otherwise good compressor. I haven’t found a tutorial etc on replacing just the pulley for this particular model, but checking here to see if it’s an option… or another fix. Thanks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Automotive wheel system

· Registered
601 Posts
I'd like to see an idea for repair that isn:t mine (I'm cheep and lazy):

Make a thck mold of a good section using Bondo, then use that mold to form the repair area using JB Weld.

I would clean the area up with alcohol, then rub wax or grease on any/all sections you don't want the Bondo, and then the JB to stick to.

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to see an idea for repair that isn:t mine (I'm cheep and lazy):

Make a thck mold of a good section using Bondo, then use that mold to form the repair area using JB Weld.

I would clean the area up with alcohol, then rub wax or grease on any/all sections you don't want the Bondo, and then the JB to stick to.
Wow… before asking here, I asked my neighbor the same exact thing as far as molding and he said it wouldn’t hold. I never had to use JB Weld before and still wrapping my head around the process you mentioned but sounds like 2-votes on molding the fix to me. No foul in trying… thanks!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts