Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Dodge Caliber Issues *When I move the Circulation Knob it won't let me move it? Also when I drive 70mph it says I'm going 90s?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't recall if the HVAC controls on 2009 Calibers are mechanical or electrical but I think they switched to electrical in 2010. If they're mechanical and if the knob won't move there may either be a blockage of the recirc door or the door is broken. If they're electrical and the dash repeatedly clicks when you press the recirc button then the actuator for the recirc door may have failed. I have a video on YouTube that explains how to replace it.

As for the speedo I doubt it's a mph/kph issue....62mph is 100kph and those aren't the numbers you're seeing. You would have to have a HUGE difference in tire size between stock and what you're running to see a 20mph difference in the speedo. It could be a problem with the cluster itself. I believe speed is measured using the tone rings in the hubs on one or more of the wheels (they're used by the ABS system to determine how fast each wheel spins). A bad tone ring could produce false readings, but I'd expect to see a check engine light and/or an ABS warning light on the dash if that was the case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts