Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently replaced my tip I'm due to electrical problems and now whenever I shut off my car even with the key pulled out of the ignition it sounds like the ABS is still running through its cycle as if I were to still have the key rolled forward but not started. You can hear the clicking of the module I believe is what it is and it doesn't stop until I pull the fuse out which it's fuse number 33 it's a red 10 amp. And in the manual it reads ABS MOD/J1962 CONN/PCM. When you listen to it it has a slight humming noise followed by a few clicks every so many seconds and this is happening with the key off out of the ignition and the only way to make it stop is by pulling that number 33 red 10 amp fuse was wondering if any of you guys haven't had this problem before?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any ECU codes?

Did you reset the TIPM?

I suspect a wiring or similar issue.
I figured out where the noise was coming from today when I got out of work. It threw a code of p0013 which is the oil control valve because when I unplug those it stops the clicking noise that I have been hearing I don't know if there's a shorted wire or exactly how those switches work if they have constant power but once again if I pull the fuse and even plug it back in right away it won't make any noise until I roll the key forward

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just recently replaced my tip I'm due to electrical problems and now whenever I shut off my car even with the key pulled out of the ignition it sounds like the ABS is still running through its cycle as if I were to still have the key rolled forward but not started. You can hear the clicking of the module I believe is what it is and it doesn't stop until I pull the fuse out which it's fuse number 33 it's a red 10 amp. And in the manual it reads ABS MOD/J1962 CONN/PCM. When you listen to it it has a slight humming noise followed by a few clicks every so many seconds and this is happening with the key off out of the ignition and the only way to make it stop is by pulling that number 33 red 10 amp fuse was wondering if any of you guys haven't had this problem before?
I had a fellow mechanic put in my tipm for me because I have been busy with work myself the past few days how hard is it to reset a tipm? I have an ethos edge scanner myself if that helped you out at all

·
Registered
277 Posts
Reset:
•Disconnect both battery cables.
•With a zip tie, secure both cables so their clamps are touching.
•Leave it like that for ≈10 minutes.
•Remove the zip tie and reconnect the cables to the battery.

See if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
That's a reset for a programmed TIPM. He's talking about reprogramming a different TIPM with a StarScan tool.
If your secondhand TIPM is from a similar setup sometimes you can get away wiith a swap.

Reactions: 672aq

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought the tipm from the auto parts store so in a sense it's brand new. And by resetting it by disconnecting the battery cables and hooking them together to let everything drain out for the matter of what 15 or 20 minutes? And will that harm that brand new tip them or screw anything up on me? I'm already in enough money I just don't want to have any more mishaps

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
Powering up a brand new TIPM is the same as resetting, like a computer.
What programming do you think is on the new TIPM ? Was the configuration ordered for your model and options?
The TIPM is not usually the source of electrical problems unless it's been diagnosed, or damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts