Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;
So I just purchased a pair of Timken Wheel bearings for my 2008 csrt. I removed the hubs, no problem, but my mechanic cant find how to remove the bearings from the hub using his press. He tells me that the bearings are seem to be part of the hub. Really? Is there a way to get these bearings out from the hub or not?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Hi guys;
So I just purchased a pair of Timken Wheel bearings for my 2008 csrt. I removed the hubs, no problem, but my mechanic cant find how to remove the bearings from the hub using his press. He tells me that the bearings are seem to be part of the hub. Really? Is there a way to get these bearings out from the hub or not?
According to the service manual the hub must be pressed from the knuckle/bearing assembly and then a snap ring removed from the knuckle to remove the bearing. download a free copy of the service manual in the "Manuals" section. You'll find the procedure starting in Section 2, page 7.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I downloaded the manual and saw no special procedures for the 2008 srt. I removed the hub as specified and found a different hub than the one presented on the manual. It seems that the hub is indeed sealed and must be replaced whenever the bearing breaks down... This really sucks for the CSRT.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I downloaded the manual and saw no special procedures for the 2008 srt. I removed the hub as specified and found a different hub than the one presented on the manual. It seems that the hub is indeed sealed and must be replaced whenever the bearing breaks down... This really sucks for the CSRT.
You should download the one you have to pay for. It covers all years and models.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts