Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Kim and I've done minor DIY repairs since I bought my Caliber, but now I'm forced to repair the exterior Pillar trims. They are almost all trash. Callie is looking pretty shabby.

So I finally broke down and spent some funds on a few exterior pillars (both A-pillars, Left D-Pillar and the Roof trim). My breaking point was the passenger door leaked (on the inside!) when I ran it through the wash. Still waiting on the roof trim - "lost" in shipping somewhere - which is funny because it was only shipped from about 150 miles north along with the D-Pillar which I got today.

At any rate, I keep seeing posts and comments all over the place about the clips. I didn't order any - are they truly needed to install if the existing ones aren't broken?

Speaking of "install", has anyone removed these before, what's the best way?? I can't find any videos on the A- & D-Pillars. It's all B-Pillar repainting, vinyl install, etc.

HELP! Please....

TIA

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you have the replacement parts in hand then they should help you figure out how they fasten to the car. I've removed the A-pillar caps once or twice and IIRC they simply pop off...no fancy hooks or anything that I remember. I also seem to recall that you have to remove/install the various caps in a certain order. It's been several years though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did see a post that said you have to remove them back to front, but looking at them the front (A-Pillar) piece in on the top of the roof trim. If that’s the case (back to front) I may be in trouble since I can’t find the RS roof and D-pillar.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
The clips come with the trim parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clips come with the trim parts.
That’s what I was hoping, but they didn’t with mine and I ordered from both moparpartsgiant.com (which ended up coming from a dealership 150miles up the road) and the A-pillars from a dealership out of Texas

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
They are not listed separately, what does the dealership do for fitting? Maybe they have an alternate part, Otherwise take them off a scrapper.

·
Registered
545 Posts
The deep dark recesses of my memory tell me that the clips are reusable. At least with the roof trim I seem to recall there being a rubber seal underneath each one that I ended up replacing when troubleshooting a roof leak issue. When I had the trim off I simply popped out the trim, popped the clips out, replaced the seals, popped the clips back into the roof, then simply pressed the trim pieces back in. It's been many years so I could be remembering incorrectly but I know for sure I didn't have to replace any clips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010, the clips are reusable so long as you dont break them off, but are pretty sturdy just dont get too rough with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts