Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It idles and runs smooth and normal. It won't go higher than roughly 2 grand on the tach. Everything else is fine, itl go faster if down hill but uphill bogs down to about 10 mph, with a steady flat road speed of about 30 tops. As I press the gas pedal its normal response curve up to about 20% and then nothing. I have no clue what's up. I'll get a code checker tommorow and see if any new codes are displayed. 185k miles on it BTW.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Possible your throttle body or even the gas pedal assembly is faulty (it's a drive-by-wire system) and I can tell you that a throttle body failure doesn't always throw a code.

A higher end scan tool would allow you to operate/measure both units to see if either is faulty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked the odb. Po700, po602, po571. They seem to come together often. Is there a quick fix that might work? I can't afford a new car

·
Registered
507 Posts
The three codes are seemingly unrelated:

P0700 - transmission control system malfunction
P0602 - ECM programming error
P0571 - brake light switch plausibility

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your intake manifold. Mine was stuck in a wide-open position a while back. My mechanic said if it was stuck anywhere else I would have the same issue you're having.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your intake manifold. Mine was stuck in a wide-open position a while back. My mechanic said if it was stuck anywhere else I would have the same issue you're having.
I'll check tomorrow if its stuck. I hope that's the problem because that would be cheaper than needing a new CVT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For more information, I did the remove negative battery trick with no evail. All these problems started tight after the battery got low and I held the key in start for a little while with it rar-rar-rar etc, and eventually decided to get a jump. As for the intake valve I couldn't get it off to check I dont know what I was doing wrong.

1 Posts
It idles and runs smooth and normal. It won't go higher than roughly 2 grand on the tach. Everything else is fine, itl go faster if down hill but uphill bogs down to about 10 mph, with a steady flat road speed of about 30 tops. As I press the gas pedal its normal response curve up to about 20% and then nothing. I have no clue what's up. I'll get a code checker tommorow and see if any new codes are displayed. 185k miles on it BTW.
Turn the car off take the ke out and start it back up. I have the same problem even after replacing the throttle body

1 - 8 of 8 Posts