Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it used and all was fine, we don't drive far just some runs to the store and around town helping the kids,the car started to jerk when shifting gears and the dealership said we just needed some time to become accustomed to the shifting. Now the care wont go into gear when cold after it warms up it will sift fine, there is no place to check transmission fluid, so i assume it is a split setup with the brake system. i have had the clutch switch changed with no difference.

any help would be helpful we are on a pension and don't have allot of money to dump into a dealership to put granite floors in to park cars on 0_O

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Welcome to the ForumZ.

The 5 spd manual has to be for lube level on trans itself via the fill/inspection port.
I would think any competent garage/trans shop would do it - perhaps when you
get the oil/filter changed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the ForumZ.

The 5 spd manual has to be for lube level on trans itself via the fill/inspection port.
I would think any competent garage/trans shop would do it - perhaps when you
get the oil/filter changed.

Thank you but im interested in a more detailed Answer, I am Very Capable of Changing the Oil my self. I know it has a special Oil mine takes ATF +4 min and if i want to go super expensive the CVT oil but i have looked at the set up and i see 3 plugs 1 at the very bottom Allen/hex key to drain the oil the 3/4 up the side is a rubber plug i can pop off and no oil comes out im assuming that is the inspection port, then at the top i have another rubber plug exactly like the one on the side and im assuming its the fill port. the manual tell me to fill it to no more than 1/8th to 4mm to the bottom of the fill port/plug. the dealer wants to charge 500.00 and everyone else wont touch the cvt they say take it to the dealer, so are you telling me only the stealer-ship can service this, i say BS it Mechanical not a Canadian Mint and its not made of gold lol. i have serviced all my own cars to date i just need clarification as to what fill plug they are talking about. top or side ? If its the top then this will solve my issue and shifting is normal ATM while driving i just need to top it up i don't think its been serviced ever and its at 139.000 KM. in one year we have put less than 10.000 km on it so thats the extent of our driving, being on a pension does not leave 500.00 for an oil change. HELL my F150 i can change every oil in the truck for less than 300.00 flushing and the works. for 4000.00 Can with a ceramic clutch life time warrantee, i can put a performance Transmission in and have a dipstick and still use Syn oils and it will be cheaper than a factory CVT disposable Cash cow dodge put in this car. Factory replacement is 3500.00 USD

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
You started the thread under Thread: 2007 RT 5 speed 2.4 dual VVT
so I assumed you had a 5 spd manual not a CVT (auto).
Download the service manual from the manuals section read the
posts on CVT service.
Most tranny shops with any kind of rep service cvts now as Ford,Nissan
and Chrysler have used them for some time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The service manual is available here on the forums:

http://www.caliberforumz.com/showth...t-Caliber-Service-Manual-Download-lt-lt-lt-lt

Page 4783 covers the fluid levels in the manual transaxle.

There's a fill plug on the left side of the transaxle, and a drain plug on the right side. According to the manual, the fluid level should be within 3/16" from the bottom of the fill plug hole. It uses ATF+4 fluid.

Thank you this is just what i needed you just saved me 500.00 thanks for the quick reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts