Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
53 Posts
Turning A/C on engages A/C compressor connected to the accessory belt, thus increasing load to the engine and increasing fuel consumption. Not only Calibers but any modern cars with A/C are the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I doubt that you would actually see any difference especially if your doing much highway driving because if you’re not using the a/c then you’ll probably have your windows open which increases aerodynamic drag and that also makes the engine work harder.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt that you would actually see any difference especially if your doing much highway driving because if you’re not using the a/c then you’ll probably have your windows open which increases aerodynamic drag and that also makes the engine work harder.
So having the ac at the minimum with all windows closed And having your windows opened, which is better

·
Registered
3 Posts
So having the ac at the minimum with all windows closed And having your windows opened, which is better
I bought my’07 Caliber new and have not really seen any real measurable difference either way, I just know I’m more comfortable with the a/c on during hot weather. There is just too many other variables that also contribute towards fuel economy. A wise man once said “Nothing effects fuel economy more than the drivers right foot!”

1 - 6 of 6 Posts