Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all my name is Jake Brinkley and i am a service advisor at Bob Howard Hyundai here in south okc. I worked for nissan before this position. i had a 92 dodge dakota that was wheelie capable before i found my baby. it sadly burnt to the ground early last year (rip). I soon purchased an 07 dodge caliber with 97,128 miles. Has a little bit of body damage but nothing major. Has been a toy ever since. i jump the car a lot and it does get slid sideways daily. so far ive only had to replace a wheel bearing. soon i will be replacing all of the suspension in the front. i plan on building a hyundai genesis 2.0 to replace my 100,000 mile engine and upgrading my cvt to handle the extra power. my cvt2 fits my driving style all except for the slow takeoff. so new final drive gear and some slight beefing up is in order. ill post pics as things move on. so far ive just been fixing all of the little things like my radio aux port and minor mods to make it look less like your every day caliber. looks are my number one priority right now as i have always gone the other way and never make them pretty. my truck was the closest thing to a pretty car ive had so this is an upgrade in that area. let me know of any must do's with my caliber and any must have upgrades. ///having trouble with photos so i will update later

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well jumping a 3000 lb crap car with a suspension that isn't designed to leave the ground is pretty stupid Imo. Hope you have lots of money cause no doubt your whole suspension is toast front and back.

Mine has never left the ground and the suspension has been replaced lots front and back.

I highly doubt you will be able to integrate a Korean engine to run in this vehicle. Oh and the CVTs are throw away transmissions. You'd be better off with a 5 spd swap out of a SRT4 or an RT.

Sorry to burn down your dreams but the electrical system in these vehicles are not designed or capable of mods unless you are going to run a complete stand alone system like a mega squirt.

Again. Waste of money on a $3000 car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have greddy emanage for tuning. the suspension is fine. had the car for about a year. the cvt2 in my car is very capable as long as it isnt overheated. its a world engine. block meets head which is all id be replacing for the high pressure fuel pump and aftermarket engine parts. the hyundai 2.0 has a weaker block than our calibers. you dont know me and thats okay. but ive read lots of posts on this site and its people like you who are afraid to try things and consider your car a piece of crap car. a car is what you make it in my world. ive had 34 different cars. i replace things when they break and am not scared to have to do that from time to time. when they break i upgrade them. i upgrade them only beacause they cant do what i want them to. i like the cvt. they are easily built up if you know what your doing. having parts machined is cheap and if you are good at designing stuff you wont have any problems. ive had a rwd civic using a s13 chassis, s13's with r34 awd setups (x2), procharged miata, v8 280zx, 92 dakota that did wheelies, 240z turbo, 300zx turbo, mazdaspeed 3, ea86 corolla. ive built many cars when i had my shop. i dont have that anymore but i still know what im doing and still have the resources. dont down something and someone you dont know. its people like you who make forums look bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so far ive painted the headlights, added the wheels, painted the taillights, a lot of body work/still in progress, fixed the radio, fixed the cluster lights, added purple underglow, installed aftermarket sunroof/no leaks/, replaced trunk trim, painted engine bay black and color matched silver. i did make a body kit out of hyundai azera and 350z and decided to only use on track days as it is easily removed. i also added mudflaps and flared out the small black trim behind the front wheels
20160606_000118.jpg
20161006_115256.jpg
20160606_113212.jpg
THIS IS OF COURSE BEFORE I COMPLETELY FINISHED IT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts