Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber 2.0
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just replaced the trans in my car and have the module that it came with. The trans is still slipping out of drive like before. It does this only when it heats up, which is very quickly. Can someone tell me if it's a problem other than the transmission? It's very urgent. This is our only car and it's been out of commission for 3 months now...馃

Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber 2.0
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buenas.
Te dejo este enlace Que aunque esta en espa帽ol puede servir de ayuda.

Saludos.
Thank you for the reply but I cannot understand Spanish. Can you tell me? I can copy and look up a translation but the video鈥o.

Registered
We just replaced the trans in my car and have the module that it came with. The trans is still slipping out of drive like before. It does this only when it heats up, which is very quickly. Can someone tell me if it's a problem other than the transmission? It's very urgent. This is our only car and it's been out of commission for 3 months now...馃
I'm just going to help with what i might know it might be the fix just somethings to look for or try because I'm also a owner of this car and have done ALL my own repairs. 1.Could be a bad transmission cooler.2 Low coolant or transmission fluid was the fluid check to the right level or to much fluid will also cause it to heat up also I won't rule out that module if it's used with x amount of miles on it.Buy a OBD2 SCANNER plug it in to your car computer to see what codes you getting this will help more so then playing the guessing game of what the problem could be,Once you get the codes from the coder reader(OBD2 Scanner)look it up for the Dodge Caliber and it should point you in the right direction,I stop guessing problems with my car long time ago a OBD2 Scanner will be more helpful to you then anyone guessing.

Registered
I would recommand a good OBD2 CODE READER is the ANCEL AD310 on Amazon the price is less now then when i first bought it,I have since upgraded and gave that one to my son the ANCEL AD310 is one of the best one here and it's going to be a BIG help to you when you are having car problems.I now have the ANCEL AS500 which is more advance.

Super Moderator
Thank you for the reply but I cannot understand Spanish. Can you tell me? I can copy and look up a translation but the video鈥o.
The video will tell you how the CVT operates and why it overheats.
To understand it turn on subtitles and select the language in settings.

Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber 2.0
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm just going to help with what i might know it might be the fix just somethings to look for or try because I'm also a owner of this car and have done ALL my own repairs. 1.Could be a bad transmission cooler.2 Low coolant or transmission fluid was the fluid check to the right level or to much fluid will also cause it to heat up also I won't rule out that module if it's used with x amount of miles on it.Buy a OBD2 SCANNER plug it in to your car computer to see what codes you getting this will help more so then playing the guessing game of what the problem could be,Once you get the codes from the coder reader(OBD2 Scanner)look it up for the Dodge Caliber and it should point you in the right direction,I stop guessing problems with my car long time ago a OBD2 Scanner will be more helpful to you then anyone guessing.
Ok thank you. We have a Fixd code reader but we cannot afford to buy one more thing unfortunately. I have a bad back and out of work and he鈥檚 not making much with the weather lately.

Registered
The trans is still slipping out of drive like before. It does this only when it heats up, which is very quickly...
This could be a plugged filter in the transmission cooler lines. There are two filters for the CVT in these cars, one in the transmission oil pan, and one in the cooler line circuit. If one or both filters are plugged, then very little fluid will flow through the cooler and it will cause your transmission to overheat.

You can see the filter in the cooler line in this thread:

Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber 2.0
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This could be a plugged filter in the transmission cooler lines. There are two filters for the CVT in these cars, one in the transmission oil pan, and one in the cooler line circuit. If one or both filters are plugged, then very little fluid will flow through the cooler and it will cause your transmission to overheat.

You can see the filter in the cooler line in this thread:

Thank you.

Registered
Transmission fluid is responsible for keeping the transmission cool. By using too much of it, you could cause an overheating situation, which sounds a little backward at first. However, when you overfill the transmission, there is going to be some leakage from the buildup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts