Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got a 2007 Caliber R/T. I changed out the brakes, struts, and tire rods. I must say I like the ride, the CVT transmission has taken some getting used to; it does offers a smooth transition when driving. The vehicle handles the road nicely, it certainly has a different feel than a front wheel drive vehicle. It has a great stereo, comfortable seats, the shape of the vehicle is somewhat different. I'm undecided if it's a hatchback, crossover, or an SUV. The AC and heat are great. The gas mileage has been kinda low in the city, but on the open road mpg improves greatly. I've heard the feedback about the hard plastic interior, but the more I drive the vehicle, the more it becomes less of an issue. I wanted to own an American vehicle and I'm totally happy and impressed with the Dodge Caliber. I have a sense of pride driving it knowing that it was made in America and is a cousin to the Jeep. Anyway those are my thoughts, Happy and safe driving...

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's def hatchback and not an SUV or crossover. You will destroy the suspension just thinking about going off road. The compass and patriot are jeeps biggest flops ever made and share the exact same terrible suspension.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ. As Tom pointed out, the suspension is some of the crappiest ever made. But, it's a very safe vehicle if you're ever involved in a crash. Mine got killed in a head on and I walked away with minor burns from the airbag and some very sore ribs and chest for a couple of weeks. My son sustained a knee injury. Not bad for having been hit by some idiot doing 75 mph or better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts