Dodge Caliber Forum banner

2007 Caliber transmission overheating......

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  lcchumlie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey everyone,
I have an 07 Caiber and seem to be having what appears to be an all too common problem with the transmission overheating light coming on and the car will not run until it cools off. I have as of today had the transmission flushed and refilled with a new filter added. Did not help. Transmission cooler replaced. Did not help. New transmission. Again did not help. I'm broke and at a loss. Everytime i take it back to the dealership they replace something else, can never duplicate the problem and seem to have no clue about the cars they work on. Has anybody else had all this work and still had this problem? They are wanting now to do work to my exhaust system. What this has to do with the tranny, idk.

#2 · (Edited)
When the problem can't be fixed mechanically; then it's time to look at electrical. The harness to the CVT has been noted to have pinched, crushed, shorted, and broken wires develop over time.

Find a reputable independent transmission mechanic, or find a dealer that has smarter techs. Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep all use the same CVT and can work on it. So you don't just have to limit yourself to the bad dealer that has so far screwed you by making you pay for their ineptness. You should also open a complaint against the dealer with Dodge. Car makers don't like having poor dealers represent them.

#3 ·
One other thing. There are 2 coolers. The one on the CVT is a heat exchanger. The heat is then sent to a cooler in the radiator. The lines to the radiator cooler could be clogged. The dealer may have changed the exchange cooler on the CVT, but if the lines to the radiator cooler were not flushed and were clogged; then the problem wasn't fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.