Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2007 dodge caliber and im looking into getting new LED headlights. Ive been shopping around and i still have some questions. Is there a maximum wattage limit? If so what is it? Im looking at these headlights, would they be compatible with my car? Why or why not?

Brand: CAR ROVER

4.3 out of 5 stars 27Reviews

H13 9008 LED Bulbs, CAR ROVER 100W High Power 20,000LM Extremely Bright 6000K CSP Chips Conversion Kit Adjustable Beam, Replacement High/Low Fog Ligh
t

·
Super Moderator
12,236 Posts
First review
1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money spend more money for better quilts product
Reviewed in the United States on December 17, 2020
Verified Purchase
High and low beams are reverse and cause the radio to have interference and are about the same level brightness and quilts as a cheaper pair on eBay couple years back as I had issue with the above with them and replaced them because the led had short on half the bulb wouldn’t recommend these and debating on returning them

These sound ridiculously high power for LEDs. Ordinarily we caution about CANBUS and compatibility. These chinese ones now have such high power consumption that detection will not be an issue. But 300% brighter with no dazzle, really? Adjustable grub screw!

Anyway to answer your question the maximum recommended would be the designed wattage for Halogen about 55W. More and you will be melting plastic connectors and holders.
There is also a minimum usually for LEDs so for example 6w would fool the TIPM into detecting a fault. I would not buy the example given. I would choose something more reputable designed for a CANBUS installation of a similar brightness to the headlight specification.

FIREHAWK all opposite to CAR ROVER. Ratings are 4.9/5, reviews are good, specification is more reasonable, price/quality is 50% higher, CANBUS recommended. So that's a YES.

You may also wish to consider the optional xenon projector replacement headlights
Spec-D Tuning Projector Led Head Lights Black for 2007-2012 Dodge Caliber Head Light Assembly Left + Right Pair
Visit the SPEC-D TUNING Store

1 - 3 of 3 Posts