Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have read about some Caliber issues with the lights, but most of them are with a back up or turn light, when it comes to a dashboard, usually it is one of the indicator that is not working - here is a different...
When turning the light on, dash and rear is blinking, and then turniong off.
The front low beam are always on, so no clue if they would blink, but high beam works as well.
TIPM was checked, and I put other one from other working car - the same numbers, reseting by disconecting battery and connectig + with - for some time - it didn't work.
Battery is ok, fully charged.
Front light bulbs connectors were changed in both side, as one side was not connecting firmly - this was done some time ago.
Brake lights works well.

I made a short clip showing what is going on:

If someone have any idea what this can be...please help.

Thank You :) Hubert

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is the same when doors are closed, when I am on the Parking, or on Drive driving...

·
Registered
595 Posts
So here's the thing...your instrument cluster is actually a controller module in the car's CANBUS system. It takes the inputs from a bunch of sources (including your control stalks) and turns them into network signals that travel over the cars's CANBUS network to the TIPM. The TIPM then turns on/off the various devices.

Did this problem start happening suddenly or were you seeing intermittent issues at first? If all of these electrical malfunctions are consistent in nature (ie: it always does the same exact chime/blink when you turn them on), my first inclination would be that the turn signal stalk is likely not the issue...I'd expect something to not work at all or for the failure to be more intermittent.

The cluster itself could be faulty, or it could be a wiring issue of some sort causing the cluster to freak out. A higher end scantool with bidirectional controls might help test the cluster itself but that's something only a mechanic or a serious DIY'er would own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts