Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Hi Nick

Yes, I have.

The funny thing is, when I start the car the driver light turned on both lamps. When I turn the light switch inside the car to get lights on the dashboard then the left lamp turn off again??
I'm not answering anymore of your headlight posts. I've given you all the solutions to your problem that the average person can do. Without you having the ability to troubleshoot the issue yourself, you need to see a mechanic. You have a fault that is causing the issue. The only way to find where the fault is is to troubleshoot it. Without basic electrical troubleshooting skills you can only fix the problem by going to a mechanic.

How many times are you going to ask the same question and get the same answers from multiple people before you understand that it can not be fixed over the internet, and you do not have the knowledge to do it yourself?:i_rolleyes: I have been on this forum from the beginning, if there has been an issue with these cars, I know about it, and I know what was done to resolve the issue. You have the answer. You can only go as far as you can take yourself. Then you have to use a professional. You have reached that point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Brad

Yes it is true that you have answered my questions several times, but now you're not the only one who can answer them.

This is a forum where you can ask questions and answer several times, and yes, you've written which error possibilities that should be, and I am very grateful. :smiley_thumbs_up:

I have become much wiser about the various issues that may be in connection with the car.

I think it's a great forum.

So thanks again Brad :smileup: for all your answers, I think the conclusion is that unfortunately I have to go to a dealer with the car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Brad

I've now been to the dealer for the reset of TIPM, and you were right, that was what it took.
Now it works both lamps turn as they should.

Thanks for the information.

Sincerely,
Sune from Denmark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone (this is my first post),

I bought a 2007 Caliber yesterday off Craigslist for a great price with one flaw being the headlight was out. I am having this problem (the high beam working on the passenger side but not low). I will be trying the first two remedies as suggested. I was just curious as to how much the factory reset cost from the dealer if that is my only option left?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Hello everyone (this is my first post),

I bought a 2007 Caliber yesterday off Craigslist for a great price with one flaw being the headlight was out. I am having this problem (the high beam working on the passenger side but not low). I will be trying the first two remedies as suggested. I was just curious as to how much the factory reset cost from the dealer if that is my only option left?
The same price or more than a cheap OBDII scanner.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi y’all. My question is when do I put the new bulbs in before trying to resent the TIPM or after? Wish me luck.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Hi y’all. My question is when do I put the new bulbs in before trying to resent the TIPM or after? Wish me luck.
I would put the new bulbs in first, if that doesn't work you need to have someone reset the TIPM.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Please, next time start a new thread instead of adding onto one that's 7 years old.

If you have one or both headlights out and replacing the bulbs doesn't resolve it then odds are one or both of the headlight relays on the TIPM are dead. There are workarounds for this that bypass the TIPM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please, next time start a new thread instead of adding onto one that's 7 years old.

If you have one or both headlights out and replacing the bulbs doesn't resolve it then odds are one or both of the headlight relays on the TIPM are dead. There are workarounds for this that bypass the TIPM.
Yes both are out and I’ve replaced the headlights and still nothing.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Did both go out simultaneously? If so, there's a multitude of things it could be. The headlights are all electronically-controlled so it could be the headlight switch, the instrument cluster, the TIPM, or any of the electrical wiring between these various items. Could also be a bad ground (not sure if the headlights share a ground though). To really diagnose this properly you need a high-end scan tool that can show you CANBUS traffic as well as the status of various components.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts