Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Hopefully I can get some help from someone. I have a 2007 Caliber that I just put a known good transmission in. The car runs and shifts great when cold it seems. When it gets hot, at mid throttle it seems to buck a bit. On acceleration it pulls good and decel it's fine. I have put around 7 liters of cvt in it as per research and doing the oil dipstick method, it seems to be good now. It was completely drained before install. The codes I got before filling all the way (short 1 liter) was a P0700 and P0777 code. I haven't driven it extensively since topping it up but it seems better than when it was down a liter. When doing the oil dipstick method, do you bottom it out on the pan or only put it in as far as the lip on the plastic handle to the top of the cvt dipstick tube? Any help will be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
12,594 Posts
Did you change both cvt filters and clean the oil cooler?
How would you put the dipstick in past the handle? Do not have one myself so that may have an obvious answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed both filters and cleaned the oil cooler. The oil dipstick is way smaller than the transmission tube. the plastic stop on the oil dipstick goes about 1/2" past the top of it if you bottom it out on the trans pan.

·
Super Moderator
12,594 Posts
Not sure I have seen it confirmed, someone else asked the same thing.
This guy bought the real dipstick for $15 with temperature chart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts