Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Saskatchewan Canada. As the title suggests I am having an issue with bleeding the clutch on my Caliber. I’ve read a lot of the posts on the forum and can’t find a fix that I haven’t already tried. I’m almost certain the master cylinder is causing the zero pedal pressure. And had it bled a couple of times and worked great for a couple of days until I loose pedal pressure. I was told the car had a new clutch and slave a couple months before I bought it, and it worked great until this past winter I hit some black ice and put it in the ditch sideways and she flipped over on her side. It only broke the mirror and put a dent in the door, but I’m thinking that it got air in the clutch system from being on its side, even though it was passenger side up. Recently I’ve noticed that I’m no longer getting a steady stream of fluid out the bleed port on the trans, it’s more of a weak drip. However if I put even 2psi to the system it comes out just fine. I’m guessing it’s an air lock from somewhere. Also recently I noticed what appears to be a small amount of oil on the inside of the car at the brake master. I’ve read that these cars have a fail safe and puts priority to the brakes in the case of a fluid leak. However I don’t have to add anything fluid wise. So not sure how long it’s been there for. I’ve cleaned it up with brake fluid a couple days ago, and haven’t went back to check it (even though I’m still driving the car, and no I’m not starting it in gear. Lol.) AAny help would be appreciated.

P.s. any info on AC systems for that model would be appreciated aswell.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The brake master cylinder doubles as the clutch master cylinder on these cars so if it's developed a leak it could explain why you're losing your clutch. If it's letting air into the system then no amount of bleeding is going to work long term.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts