Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I plugged-in non-OEM GPS charging unit to 12V socket. Although it has been working fine for almost a year, this time it did not. Today, I tried the same unit in my other car. It did not work as well. Then, I realized none of the other charging units for variety of devices is not working for both cars. Obviously, there is a problem with the charging unit.

I found the fried fuse at my other car and changed it. It solved the problem. When I check the Fuse #11 at Caliber, it looked fine, still changed it with other fuses and tested the 12V socket to find out that it is still not working. Apparently it is not the fuse. Any idea what else can be wrong?

Thanks.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
It's #16. A blue 15 amp in the center of the fuse block.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Plus - The TIPM could have shut that circuit down due to the overload caused by the bad charger. (the TIPM is the electronic control and protective center for the car's electrical system - it is part of the fues box assembly)
If so, disconnect the battery for a few hours to try to reset the TIPM.
If that does not work, you might need a shop with a scanner to reset the TIPM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the suggestions. I thought fuse 16 is related with rear wipers etc. However, my rear wiper works fine. Anyway, I scrambled around all 15V fuses, but it was no-go. I tried the disconnect battery suggestion, but it didn't work as well. Tomorrow, I have an appointment from the dealer. I'll update you about it!

Plus - The TIPM could have shut that circuit down due to the overload caused by the bad charger. (the TIPM is the electronic control and protective center for the car's electrical system - it is part of the fues box assembly)
If so, disconnect the battery for a few hours to try to reset the TIPM.
If that does not work, you might need a shop with a scanner to reset the TIPM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts