Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have code P0700.

i did battery and plugs which completely alleviated low end jerkiness. car runs like a top. i have CEL on with above code and the only issue with car is that once started i must shift it into a gear (automatic cvt) within 3 seconds of startup or it will be in limp mode when trying to drive.

if this happens i turn car off and then back on and can quickly put it in gear and it drives fine. its almost manageable but so annoying and will make it harder to sell when its time. after driving a very short bit i can throw it in park for ten seconds and then shift back and it does not go into limp mode.

if i start and then put it in gear immediately and 10 seconds later put it back in park, when i go to put it in gear and drive it is in limp mode.

i will try to drive for a bit and then put in park for extended period of time and then try to drive again and see if it somehow goes back into limp mode.

also i tried hard reset. did nothing

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
You might try checking the wiring connector to the transmission for corrosion or a loose connection. IDK, just throwing an idea out there. Just what do you mean by hard reset? Disconnecting the battery cables for 15 minutes with them held together for a TIPM reset?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts