Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Dodge caliber 2.0L

I've had an issue where I cannot lock the doors because the vehicle is recognizing the keys in the ignition when they are not.

I took it to a local mechanic to diagnose, they told me it's either the switch or the lock cylinder.

I replaced the ignition switch, tested... No change

Replaced the key lock cylinder, tested.. No change.

Does anybody have a direction for me to go with this? I've heard there are issues with the security system linking to the sound system, im pretty sure this is the original stereo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello good ,
I do not understand very well your question.
Does the key open and close the doors?
Or is the inside button not working?
If you are referring to the key that does not work, it is quite delicate to knocks, it has a small chip that comes loose and the door opening does not work. The
start does work because it has a magnetic transponder that is detected by an antenna next to the Clausor.

Greetings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello good ,
I do not understand very well your question.
Does the key open and close the doors?
Or is the inside button not working?
If you are referring to the key that does not work, it is quite delicate to knocks, it has a small chip that comes loose and the door opening does not work. The
start does work because it has a magnetic transponder that is detected by an antenna next to the Clausor.

Greetings

After driving, I park, remove keys, open door... vehicle dings as though my keys are still in the ignition. (I cannot lock the doors with the inside door locks unless I'm seated inside with the door closed, or I manually lock them (my key fobs are currently inoperable as well but that is a different problem)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts