Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I purchased a used rental '07 last year that I love! Anyway, now the minor problems. Tried to use the chill zone and no air seemed to come out (not sure if it supposed to come out of the 3-4 holes in the back, up top, or where). Tried sliding the top slider on/off with no luck either way. During the process of testing, one of my napkins I keep in my glove compartment for those messy situations suddenly got sucked up through the space in the glove compartment into God know's where. Well, I think I do know where, actually, just don't know where :) Now, when using the A/C or any fan past 1, it's squeals, kind of like there is a napkin stuck in there (go figure) and if it's on high, it smells almost like burning rubber. Maybe it's my imagination, but it doesn't seem to be blowing as efficiently?

I read of the TSB here for the earlier models and wondering if that's exactly what happened-debris got sucked up in there? I took out the bottom glove compartment area but am kind of lost from there... Any advice or pointing me to a similar post, if there is such one is appreciated!

Best,
Scott in NH

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
You'll have to drop the glovebox door to access where the debris enters. This is the same procedure for replacing the cabin air filter. Do a search for the thread. The Chill Zone is not a true "Chill Zone". It keeps stuff from warming up as fast as nothing at all. It only blows air when the blower is on. So if the blower wasn't on, the chill zone wasn't on either. It is truly nothing more than a sales gimmick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do know it's a gimmick but wanted to see if i could get my mountain dew from 100 down to maybe 80 degrees :) I also know that the blower has to be on - tried it on all speeds with nothing landing in the chill zone area. I have managed to remove the bottom glove compartment, looked all around and see nothing. I'll search the filter threads as suggested... Thanks again for any info...
Scott

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
You'll never really cool something that is 100 degrees. It has to be cold already. There isn't much air, it's like exhaling lightly on your hand. If you were expecting more, then you'll be disappointed. It really is better named "Cool Zone".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts