Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like the electrical system got wiped out. The crash hit right next to the TIPM, I'd be surprised if anything electrical worked on this car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, with all those relays and harnesses hanging out, it is no surprise it wont crank. All that needs to be sorted, along with any other damage...you might need a new TIPM.

If you are going to do it yourself, you might be able to get it sort of running for a reasonable cost using junkyard parts.

Otherwise, if you are considering paying to have it fixed, it will cost much more than the car is worth.

·
Registered
151 Posts
From an electrical system standpoint, that is pretty much the worst part of the car to take a hit. The engine computer is right there as well, and even if the TIPM and computer look fine, they might be damaged and need replacing (due to electrical shorts or other internal damage from the crash).

·
Registered
147 Posts
This post makes me sad.

I’d take the time to repair it myself.

Start by removing the fender.
Take pictures of the wires, cables, plugs, relays.
Go to the junkyard and cut off the entire harness, saving the relays, plugs, etc. Keep them plugged into the harness so you have an idea where they go in your car.
Start replacing your busted relays, and any other broken electrical items.
Once you think everything is plugged back in, try starting the car.

After that, body repair. Probably at a real body shop.

Might sound difficult, but just super time-consuming.

You may want to keep safety in mind, if the unibody is jacked up. Airbags. 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the TIPM in there? It might have survived. But the whole relay box that attaches in front of that wheel is literally gone. Isn't that important for the ignition even if the TIPM is in perfect shape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts