Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 07 Caliber which has a stalling problem. It never stalls out completely, but it sputters and I lose power. It happens when I am accelerating or maintaining speed, but does not seem to when idling. It also typically will not happen until the car has warmed up. It is also not throwing out any codes.

After some initial research I suspected the fuel pump, reading that it is a common issue. I replaced the fuel pump and the problem has persisted. Someone advised me to check the fuel injectors, but they all seem to be ticking properly.

I still believe it is a fuel issue based on how it acts, but this is my first CVT transmission so I am not familiar with how it would act when malfunctioning. As opposed to a standard transmission slipping, there is none of the revving without power, but instead an overall lack of response from the throttle, albeit briefly. Again, it feels more like a fuel issue, but I have run out of ideas to check myself. Does anyone here have any thoughts or ideas I could look into?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air filter is fine, haven't done the rest though. I've been assuming that issues with the plugs or the pcv valve would cause a trouble code.

·
Registered
676 Posts
No bad plugs don't always cause codes. Nor do pcv valves. They are standard wear items that need to be changed on a normal schedule. Plugs are less than $15 use champion copper + and a pcv is $10 or less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess that will be my next step, thanks. I'm just used to seeing misfire codes when plugs go bad, but I haven't done plugs on this one yet so it's definitely worth doing. Thanks Tonatom.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
It's possible that you need to clean the throttle body. You don't state how many miles you have on it. The recommended plug change interval is every 30,000 miles. Most people don't do this. The intake runners may be starting to stick also. Do a search here and you'll find out about this problem too. Good luck with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts